A few night ago I was just drifting off to sleep when awful images filled my head. Not wanting to have nightmares because of them, I desperately tried to think of something else. That something else has become my renewed hobby - writing.
I started dreaming up a storyline that would work for a short story. A few days after that night, I actually got out the computer when my baby was sleeping, and started typing away. Two days later I have 6 full pages typed and haven't even really touched on the storyline yet, it seems to all be prologue.
I also was dreaming a little more about the whole idea, talked to my husband about it, and now have a bit of an ambitious plan. You see, my story I have started is about the wife of a magi who visits Mary and Joseph after Christ is born. I have decided to try and write a collection of short stories about women a couple of degrees removed from the Christmas story. I haven't thought through a list of these people yet, but I think it should be fun. Hopefully, it will give me a new perspective of the event that happened so long ago.
I know that I haven't done my research, and I'm not really hoping much will come of the stories other than letting my little family or even some friends enjoy them. We'll see.
Now, I'm off to work on them.
SDG
No comments:
Post a Comment