So much is new. Our house, our eating, our everything. Moving has caused upheaval in every realm of our life, save spiritual. God has been faithful and steadfast and for that I am extremely grateful.
We moved a week ago yesterday. Five hours away from our old home, and it seems to be so different. We moved from a sub-rural place to a big city. It's nuts. We went from not being close to anything to being withing 5 minutes from 5 Starbucks! It's definitely stimulation overload. I've lived in a city before, but I think it's a different kind of culture shock going from one part of a province to another. It's strange, because you do not think that there will be much change, but there is - really is. The attitudes and ways of life are so different and in ways that is very hard or almost impossible to articulate at the very beginning.
Life is interesting, and I think we're starting to settle well, but I think there is a lot of emotional baggage that is not unpacked, even if all of our physical boxes are. We'll see how this goes.
Well, pray for us.
In Him,
SDG!
No comments:
Post a Comment