Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rainy Days

I love rainy days. I think I always have. There is something about them that makes me feel cozy. I also love going for walks in spring rain. Today is an almost a rainy day - it's completely clouded and looking ready to just burst forth into showers.

I have big plans for my son's nap time. I'm hoping to start laundry, bake a cake and read! I love curling up with a nice mug of tea and a good book. Right now I'm reading "At First Sight" by Nicholas Sparks. It's not my favourite book, but it's a good time consumer. I also plan on working on my mother's birthday present of slippers.

I've taken these slippers apart about 6 times so far. I had found a pattern online and followed it perfectly, but it was TINY, so I decided to make up my own pattern, well there seems to be trials and errors all over the place. I think I have it worked out this time and am excited to see the finished project. Perhaps I will add a picture and the pattern to this when I finish.

I hope to pack a little for the upcoming move as well, but I doubt that I'll get that far. It means making decisions about what can be left out and what can be lived with out. Sigh - not that easy for me.

Baby boy, has decided today that he wants to be fairly grumpy. I would be grumpy too if I couldn't get back to sleep at 4AM. First nap went well, second nap I'm praying lasts double what the first did. here's to hoping!

well I should sign off and pay attention to the grump!


SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment